Pages

20 April 2011

New Name

Ever since I started this blog, I've debated about what to call it. I've never been able to settle on something that I could stick with.

We started out as "The Tanner Trio."

That worked until we became a family of four. Then we were "It's Tanner Time"  for a while. That one seemed a little too corny to me so it didn't last long.

We moved on to "Boy oh Boy oh Boy" when the number of boys started outweighing the girl in our family. I actually really liked that title. But, if we ever have that girl I'm dreaming about, it won't have quite the same ring to it.

I have been trying to come up with something for years that could last, regardless of how many children we have or where we live. I wanted it to be something that represented our family but wasn't purely a cutesy alliteration of the word Tanner (I could think of plenty of those; Tanner Tasties, Tanner Terrain, Tanner Talk...oh man). I thought about using my first name in the title since I am the voice behind our blog. I even thought about incorporating a favorite quote. I just couldn't come up with something that fit just right. 

And then it came to me. 

To a T.

It's short and simple. It uses our T from Tanner without being too clever. It can last through the years regardless of our age or stage or location.

I did some research on the phrase "to a T" and found out that it actually dates back to the 17th century. It is a late variation of the phrase "to a tittle," which means, "to the smallest detail."

That definition encompasses everything I write about and photograph. The small things. The details. The everyday moments that make us who we are.

Hopefully I won't change my mind about this one. I apologize if all of the name changes were getting confusing. Our url will remain the same; troyandlindsey.com. Only our title is changing. So, edit your sidebar links if you'd like - because we're To a T from here on out.


7 comments:

  1. p.s. I've been meaning to ask you because your headers are so beautiful. What program do you use to create them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I use Photoshop Elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I think it sounds perfect. Love the new header, you always do such a good job on those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness! To a T is the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete