Pages

19 August 2011

Twentieth

We hit our twentieth park of the summer last week.

We saved a good one for the big 2-0 (although now we've been to 21 after stumbling upon a great modern splash pad the other day). The park is right downtown, and it always feels a little bit like Central Park to me in terms of its location and features. It may not be quite as large as Central Park, but it still spans over several blocks.

The best part of the park is the water canyons. There are little streams and waterfalls that replicate a topographical map of the rivers that run through our valley. The water is only a few inches deep and is perfect for wading.







We also did some serious swinging to celebrate the twentieth park mark.



Now that I have been researching parks all summer, I feel like we have only scratched the surface of the parks in our area. Maybe we'll have to double our goal. 

I feel so thankful that I get to spend every single day with these two little boys and that I am the one who takes them on field trips. I really don't want this summer to end. I am grasping on to these last few weeks of freedom and warmth with all my might.


5 comments:

  1. Good for you! You didn't even need the whole summer! Blake makes me laugh with his pose with his hands on his chin. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I am so in need of your parks list. My boys would love to explore different parks. Love all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like an awesome park!! way to go-- that's impressive that you made it to so many parks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so refreshing! Your boys are in their glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Liberty Park! We used to live a couple blocks from it and I'd take Akiko there all the time... of course, she was a newborn at the time and wasn't able to fully enjoy the commodities, but still... Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete