Pages

23 August 2011

Older

On Sunday, Troy turned older.

It probably didn't go down as the most memorable birthday ever, considering he had to attend a 6:30am church meeting and a bunch more meetings spread throughout the day. To top it all off, he was asked to sing a solo in church (which was kind of my fault to begin with). He did a great job, but being nervous all morning until the performance was over wasn't his favorite way to celebrate. And the boys and I barely made it through the solo because we were all really sick.

I tried to make it up to him by baking some fall-off-the-bone ribs (a definite first), a gazillion homemade rolls, and a cake (that he termed "dainty"). He has never really been a fan of birthdays anyway, and clearly, another year older did not equate to more maturity. 

Yep, he was the one who was chucking throw pillows at me while I was brushing my teeth last night.

I'm so glad he's still young and fun.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Troy! You sure have one little boy that looks like his daddy. Sounds like you had a major cooking fest and I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to troy! you are such a sweet wife. what a cute cake too. i want to be just like you someday :)

    hope you all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cake is adorable! We were all a bit sick on sunday too and I am so sad I missed troy singing. I hope he had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Happy Birthday to Troy. I love that he is mocking you by wearing his banner on his head. I am glad he is still young and fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete