Pages

06 August 2011

Living in Our Swimsuits

We are home.

Back to the familiar things we missed while we were gone: Our own beds. Central air conditioning. Blake's stuffed Curious George who he greeted with a warm embrace. My husband who we missed dearly for two and a half weeks.

Blake is at his very first fathers and sons campout. Thinking of him discovering tents and sleeping bags for the first time and roasting marshmallows late at night with his dad delights me to no end.

Life is orderly here. The simplicity of it all is therapeutic and peaceful. Yet our hearts are still reaching back to the warmth of the lake, the chaos of bouncing from one activity to the next, the sounds of seagulls squawking and waves crashing, and the fact that we lived in our swimsuits all day long.


I found that digging a hole for Nash was a good way to keep him entertained...and confined.


There was a lot of sand castle building.

And a little yoga on the beach.










How we love that place.




Although I loved coming home after weeks jam-packed full of memories there, I will always consider the sandy beaches of Michigan to be my home as well.

I'm so glad it is becoming just that for our children too.

We brought back plenty of Lake Michigan sand in our suitcases to last us until next time :)


5 comments:

  1. I don't believe you! You were doing cheerleading on the beach and trying to cover it up by calling it yoga :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lake Michigan!!
    And you are so cute and skinny. I can't stand it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip it looks like you guys had. Your boys are just so cute in the sun and playing their little hearts out. So great that they can make memories in the place you call home. P.S. LOVE the sand castle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love,love your suit!! Where did you get it, if you don't ind me asking??

    ReplyDelete