Pages

10 August 2011

Rainy Days

I forgot that in Michigan, you can count on it raining at least one or two full days each week, destroying the option to meander along the beach. The view of the sand from our front porch was completely drenched with puddles. We're not used to that much rain here in the mountains.

We improvised in the entertainment department on those days. We went to the children's area in the mall and Nash chatted with all of his homedogs.
 

 Blake tried on his uncle's gigantic (and wrinkly) clothes. 

Nash was tempted over and over to play with the gadgets on the sewing machine.

My mom made Blake a basket full of engaging activities that kept him occupied for hours. Each bag in the basket had its own activity.







Not even the rain could keep us from staying busy every single second.


3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea your mom did for Blake. I think I need more details on it so I can replicate it:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit! I just realized I never looked at that thing your mom made for Blake. I kept meaning to and kept getting distracted. Now that I see how cool it is, I'm really kicking myself! It's such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy creative mom! No wonder you're so clever...

    ReplyDelete