Pages

28 May 2011

This is the Life

Our trips to the desert are never filled with a ton of outings, but they are my absolute favorite vacations. It is because my daily schedule looks something like this:

I wake up and start the day by going to an intense hot yoga class (thanks to a willing babysitter). I was so excited that my favorite instructor moved back to Scottsdale after a year in Boston. He teaches in a 100°F room, plays hip hop music, and flows so quickly from pose to pose that everyone is dripping sweat within the first ten minutes. By day four I thought I was going to collapse from how sore I was, and I loved every minute of it. (Here is a clip of a poolside class he taught. His energy is really that high the entire time.)

Then, I come back to my parents’ house and jump into the pool with our boys who are eagerly waiting by the door. We swim our hearts out until lunch time.





We dry off on the porch swing overlooking the desert and mountains.



After lunch, I put the boys down for naps, and make my way back to the poolside to read a book, bask in the sun, and chat with my mom. I don’t get my shower in until right before dinner. I enjoy dinner much more than I do at home because I don't usually prepare it. 

Sometimes, we throw something else into the mix like going to the splash park.






We usually stay inside for the night, but occasionally we make our way to the park to run around and watch the famous fountain.




If you ask me, this is truly the life.


3 comments:

  1. How fun! Next time, take me with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only slightly jealous that this vacation was just the precursor to your real vacation. Lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding the life! Man I'm jealous! Yesterday was so cold we were bundled in jackets AND winter coats and were still freezing.

    Also, look how great these pictures are! Love Blake's eyes and lips toward the end. Man, you're getting good.

    ReplyDelete