Pages

04 May 2011

Children's Museum

We have an amazing children's museum in our city. We finally went to check it out thanks to some passes from my friend. I loved all of the extra colorful touches that were found near the entrance.

Blake was on cloud nine and had a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face the entire time as he checked out all of the details.

Nash was not very thrilled about the bracelet they put around his wrist.

He got over it quickly when he spotted the balls.

There were some serious ball tunnels and shooting contraptions.

Nash figured out how to open the case where the balls were suctioned and he wanted to do it over and over.

The highlight of our visit was the intricate water table. I tried to get Blake to go to a special kindermusik class they were offering, but he wanted nothing to do with instruments and dancing. I don't blame him; there was too much playing to do.



I loved how there were pretend play costumes to coordinate with the hands-on areas.




The pretend grocery store was also a hit. What kid wouldn't love pushing around his own shopping cart and checking out at the end?


Our final stop was the helicopter exhibit.


The museum far exceeded my expectations. Great fun, great day.


7 comments:

  1. Okay, Grand Rapids Childrens Museum officially sucks! Looks like a TON of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that museum. There are tons of nice enough kids' museums in the Bay Area, but none of them are nearly as cool as SLC's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the picture of Nashy on the produce scale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like little kid heaven! All those toys and fun things to play. I can't say I'm surprised Blake didn't want to go sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you've never been! We've only been once but my girls had so much fun that we're debating buying a pass. I've heard that you can split passes with a friend so if you're interested at all we should talk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, no fair! We have nothing like that!!! I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Gwen was a little harsh....the one in Grand Rapids isn't nearly as cool as yours, but the kids loved it just the same. You should get a pass...definitely a great investment:)

    ReplyDelete