Pages

11 May 2011

In Bloom

Troy gave me a new camera lens for Mother's Day that I was so excited about I almost cried. I saw it sitting on the counter on Saturday afternoon and could hardly contain my eagerness to use it. After seeing my little dance around the island in the kitchen, Troy opted not to put it in a gift bag and let me try it out a day early. I immediately ran around our yard (and neighborhood) snapping shots with exuberance. I think I made some sort of exclamation after each shot about how awesome the aperture was.

Needless to say, I was pretty psyched about the gift. And what better way to celebrate my new lens than to capture my favorite bokeh (blur) effect on the beautiful spring blooms? I'm sure you'll be seeing a whole lot more bokeh from my new third child.










10 comments:

  1. I love it! You have so many wonderful talents! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Lindsey! Is it a macro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I have to ask what kind of camera do you have? I am really pushing my husband to get me a fancy DSLR one for my birthday. I think he knows at this point if he doesn't get me one he is going to be in a lot of trouble! I'd love to give him a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Now I need to know what kind of lens it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous I think I might actually cry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I know you have nice equipment to help you out, but you really have an incredible talent for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks Great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...that was a lot of big words in one post! JK...

    Awesome pictures. I don't have a fancy camera yet, but when I do, I'm going to need to know what kind of lens that is. I LOVE that effect in photos.

    Thanks for sharing those words from your aunt. Somehow, it was exactly what I needed to hear right now!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. Official coveting going on over here. Excuse me while I go repent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great photos! What lens did he get you?

    ReplyDelete