Pages

24 May 2011

Nash Walks

I used to think that I would be able to mark my calendar with the exact dates that my babies crawled, walked, and talked. What I didn't realize is that those milestones don't just happen overnight. In fact, the steps are so gradual that we barely even notice when our babies have completely made the transition to the task at hand.

Nash has been taking unassisted baby steps for a few months. He has gradually been increasing the number of steps he takes with each attempt. It was only recently that I noticed that he actually walks across an entire room now. He stills switches back and forth between crawling and walking, but he is becoming more and more brave with his wobbly steps.

Nash was being a typical one-year-old at a nice restaurant the other night, so I opted to forgo the looks we were getting and take him outside to walk around. And I can never resist pretty light, so now I have proof of Nash's walking skills.



My family joined up with us right about the time we were doing the Simba pose. (Not really. I just don't always realize that my get-the-baby-to-laugh-gimmicks look bizarre.)

Nash's grandpa doesn't have to try as hard to make him laugh.

Sometimes I want to bottle up our wobbly walker and keep him this way forever. Until I remember all the screaming in the restaurant which led us to the walking excursion in the first place. Even so, I adore those unsteady first steps and gathering around our baby to cheer him on.


3 comments:

  1. He is such a cute little walker and has found his way from the living room to the pantry with the pitter patter of his little feet. I think Blake clued him in on the hidden snacks and treats--now I have two little boys hanging out in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beaaautiful lighting and colors in these photos! Nashy, honestly your photography has grown leaps and bounds, I love watching you find the joy in taking the perfect picture of a pretty baby in the perfect light :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Nash!! Love that soft light.

    P.S. I know what you mean about one year olds. Mine are on my lap as I type this andJ5454 Jenna keeps 1w004w hacking the keyboard (like above)ds

    ReplyDelete