Pages

31 December 2010

2010 In Review

As a mother with young children, I often have the feeling that "I didn't get anything done today." However, when I looked back through our happenings in 2010, it helped me realize that we have actually done a lot this year! I have already posted about all of these events, but for my own record of this eventful year, I enjoyed putting the memories together in one place.

January
At 9 months pregnant, I began my yoga teaching journey. We spent one last getaway as a family of three with our friends from college. We prepared for our second baby, barely finishing the preparations before his arrival.

February
Our sweet Nash Ryan arrived three weeks early. We made a lot of adjustments. The entire month became a blur.

March
We blessed Nash and started to get into more of a routine. Blake begged for m&m's.

April
We spent Easter in Arizona and stayed a few extra weeks while Troy spent his first 2 weeks out of 10 in total working in New York.

May
I reflected on motherhood on Mother's Day. I got back into crafting when the boys' naps started overlapping. Nash and I both lost a lot of hair.

June
Troy spent 5 more weeks working in New York. We talked to him on Skype. Nash and I joined him for a week and loved exploring the big city. I painted the Laundry Room.

July
We went to a Tanner family reunion with 150+ people. We celebrated the 4th of July with the Stadium of Fire and saw fireworks. We went boating. I hosted three bridal showers.

August
Troy spent 2 more weeks in New York. We went to the splash park and enjoyed other summer activities. We celebrated the mission homecoming of Troy's brother and the wedding of Troy's sister.

September
We road tripped to California for a wedding reception. Blake started mackin' on the ladies. Nash had his first surgery and Blake managed a head injury a few days later. I hosted another shower.

October
We spent a week at Disneyland with our best friends from Michigan. We trick-or-treated three times. Nash tried to eat the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.

November
We began the task of potty training Blake. We made a slew of rolls for Thanksgiving at our house. Blake started attending a co-op preschool.

December
We could barely keep up with all of the holiday mayhem. We attended plays and parties and concerts. The boys met Santa. We celebrated Blake's third birthday with a balloon party.

2010 has been wonderful, challenging, and eventful. Most of all, it has been a blessing.


3 comments:

  1. what a nice review. maybe i should do that-- it might make me feel more productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded like a wonderful year full of excitment! Happy New Year to you and your family, hope 2011 is filled with happiness! Glad we are connected again through blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, Nashy #1, I feel like just by reading this blog I can tell that you do more in a week than I do in a month!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete