Pages

07 December 2010

Blake's Balloon Party


Blake's third birthday was a celebration of all things balloon related.




Blake thought he had died and gone to heaven when his big day finally arrived after months of anticipation. All day long he kept saying, "My birthday party is to-DAY??"

We had family over for dinner to start off the festivities. 

Then we played a rockin' balloon game. The balloon pinata was my favorite part of the party. You know that carnival game where you throw darts at balloons? I created something similar, filling the balloons with candy and attaching them to a wooden board. I covered the board with a plastic tablecloth so a splinter wouldn't accidentally pop the balloons.

There were sharp darts involved so it wouldn't have been the best game for a group of three year olds, but since Blake's guest list consisted of only adults, I wanted to make it fun for them too. And it was a serious hit.


Blake didn't show any interest in throwing the darts, he was simply delighted to scoop up all of the candy. He showed the same level of enthusiasm for each successful popping; immediately jumping up and shouting, "You got it!" It was as if each pop was the very first time it happened. Blake's reactions were hilarious.



If you don't believe his level of excitement, just watch this.


Moving on to presents.


Nash liked the presents as well. Or the bows should I say.

He's such a lucky boy.

Blake is sure loved by so many people. We are so grateful for the grandparents and uncles that came to to his party and brought him presents. This was the first time that my parents were able to celebrate Blake's birthday with him. Since they were already here for Thanksgiving, they decided to stay for the party day.

Every birthday gets better and better as Blake gets older. I love how his eyes gleamed and his smile stretched from ear to ear while we sang Happy Birthday to him.

My big three year old even blew out his own candles.

Happy Birthday Blake. We love you!



9 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great party. I loved the balloon dart game idea. And I love seeing Blake's happiness. Wish we could have been there :( Happy Birthday today Blake!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balloon cake! i have never seen anything like it and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a party for sure! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted a video! I love his excitement...although knowing me, I would get just as excited about the candy! Adorable party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he is already 3 years old!!

    The party looked wonderful and I love the theme and decorations.

    Oh and I didn't comment on the cake making post but I absolutely LOVE the cake and you did an amazing job. You look like a pro who has been doing it for years!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Blake! Lindsey, the cake and the decorations turned out AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks like he died and went to little three year old boy heaven. You are the best mom, Nashy! Everything you do just amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balloons, surrounded by loved ones, new bike, doesn't get much better than that! So colorful and fun!

    Ha ha, my word verification is nashmo!

    ReplyDelete