Pages

14 October 2010

Monogrammed Pumpkins

I love anything monogrammed. These pumpkins worked out perfectly for us this year because I love to paint, Troy does not love to carve, and Blake and Nash are a little too young to be trusted with sharp carving knives.






These were really simple. I cut out a circle template from a large square of contact paper, wrapped it around each pumpkin, and spray painted white circles. I let the spray paint dry overnight. The letters were made from blown up letters that I printed from my computer. I cut them out and traced the outline with a pencil on each pumpkin. I painted the letters with black craft paint. Finally, I added some twine to the stems. I realized afterwards that it would have made more sense to tackle this idea on fake pumpkins so that I could actually use them again. Hopefully the punk neighborhood kids will avoid smashing these for two more weeks!


7 comments:

  1. Those are so darling! Have fun in disneyland. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very cute--a girl after my own heart! I think you forgot the "J" one. Happy Halloween--take lots of pictures of those cute little boys in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to you to turn an ordinary holiday tradition into a crafting opportunity! They are adorable. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those! My boys are in the same place as yours. I was about to buy some that already had faces painted on them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Platinum pumpkins last year, monogrammed this, what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely in love with these pumpkins. I too was sick of carving pumpkins by myself so last year I spray painted them gold and silver, but these are just too adorable! Thanks for explaining how you did them in case I tackle this in the future!

    ReplyDelete