Pages

21 October 2010

It's Beginning to Look Like Halloween

I don't know why Halloween decorations elicit more squeals of glee from kids than any other holiday, but man, our boys are pretty darn excited about ours. Even Nashy scoots around hoping to gnaw on the bright orange additions. And the sad thing is that I feel pretty skimpy when it comes to Halloween decor. Whenever I have a spare moment to catch up some of my favorite craft blogs (which really means going to the links that my mom emails me from her selective findings), I find myself longing for the time to make some beautiful fall creations. But someday I will have the time for all of those crafts and then my children won't be little to enjoy them anymore. I'll stick with our small collection for now so I can soak up their excitement while they are still bright-eyed.

Our decor is expanding little by little.

And I'll tell you what; what we have, they love.



I wish I could take credit for this table runner. My mom made it for me last fall when she was visiting.

My favorite new addition this year is these spirit jugs. We go through a lot of milk, but it still took a long time to save up all the milk jugs! They will look festive lining our walkway to welcome those cute little holiday guests, especially since we're not carving  pumpkins this year.

I'm just happy these few things are doing the trick of delighting our boys. I'll hold on to that while it lasts!


1 comment:

  1. The Halloween decor is so cute! I think you did a great job, I haven't done any Halloween specific decor, just fall, maybe I will next year. Your door wreath is very cute! Did you make it? Love it!

    ReplyDelete