Pages

30 April 2009

Blakeisms

Instead of describing all of our little boy's recent Blakeisms, I caught some of them on video. He is pretty predictable in the things he says, wants, and does. I shot the footage within an hour before bedtime, when he was the most chatty and wound up. I thought I would really miss my baby but I have to say that I am loving this phase.

A few explanations that go along with the video:
  • Blakeisms - He thinks it is hilarious when I squint my eyes almost closed, and he tries to imitate me.
  • Our Little Parrot - Uh-oh, Uh-oh, Uh-oh. Blake repeats it over and over everywhere we go. We were in Costco the other day, and many people that we passed said "Uh-oh" back to him. He loved that. Also, our grass looks like a jungle in the video. The footage was shot before the first mowing of the season.
  • The Parrot's Second Favorite Word - Ball. He can spot them from his carseat, through the window, on television commercials, in stores, etc. He loves balls.
  • Combining the Two Words Together - Although his talking is cute, he can't do anything without dragging around that darn beloved mini-bumper pad.
  • He Looked Out the Window and What Did He See? - Ah, finally some mowing! Blake has always said "dada" more than "mama."
  • Blake's Favorite Color - I caught him repeating this word the other day when he pushed the "purple" button on his toy octopus. It is my new favorite, he just says it so cute!
  • Peek-a-Boo - I love it when he barely covers his eyes and thinks that I can't see him.
  • Gettin' His Groove On - No explanation needed here, just proof that the boy's got moves.
  • Finding Curious George - Blake loves this book where you have to find George on each page. He knows all of the hiding spots. I also love the intonation he uses while "reading."
  • Blake's Fixation - He displays a few OCD behaviors. He won't drink his milk until the cap is back on the gallon, he has to throw each dirty diaper away before playing, he gets very upset if so much as a morsel of food drops from his highchair tray, he won't eat until he is satisfied that any condiment or food item has it's lid restored at the dinner table, he immediately wants the light on and the humidifier off before I get him out of his crib in the morning, and of course, the greatest fixation he has is with the lights.


3 comments:

  1. Blake has such a fun little personality. Already I know just from having a 3 year old that you will be so happy that you recorded and wrote down to illustrate his personality at Blake's age. OH and I LOVE the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took pictures of an adorable little boy today, a few months younger than Blake, but MAN, he was cute. Made me think of you and your little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just the cutest! Are you going to be visiting MI anytime soon? Kylie misses her boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete