Pages

11 May 2009

Mother's Day

Our Mother's Day weekend was a little unconventional. I have been working on end-of-year DVD slideshows for the school I used to teach at all week, and I barely finished them on time on Saturday. I didn't feel very deserving of a holiday honoring mothers after neglecting my son while I worked all week. I am so glad to be finished and allow Blake to have his mom back. Thankfully, he still loves me and wants to be my playmate.

Troy and I were supposed to go on our 2nd date of the year on Saturday night, but our sitter cancelled. It worked out because I was asked to fill in teaching a church lesson on Sunday. So, instead of going out, I spent the rest of the night preparing. I couldn't relax until the lesson was over at 4pm on Sunday, but Troy got up in the morning with Blake and made his weekend breakfast for us which was very nice. After church, we talked to both of our missionary brothers (they only call on Christmas and Mother's Day), and spent time with Troy's mom and family.

It is always nice to feel honored and special on Mother's Day.

Big Troy and little Troy wore matching ties (not planned).

Troy's dad and sister prepared us quite the spread and Troy made some pretty drinks. I don't think I have ever seen my father-in-law cook anything, let alone a layered lasagna. It was delicious and I was impressed.

The moms in the house ate on the traditional special plates.

Happy Mother's Day!


4 comments:

  1. I love the spiky hair! Adorable! That's a great photo of the two of you together where he is laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your hair and Blakes! So cute!

    It looks like we got the same mother's day entree (although yours looks a little fancier:).)

    Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice Mother's Day for you all. LOVE the pictures of Blake in his Sunday clothes with you and Troy. There is just something so cute and adorable about a little kid in their Sunday best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun!!! Happy Mother's Day Nashy!!!

    ReplyDelete