Pages

14 June 2011

Summer Bucket List

I love love love summer. The long days. The sandals. The beach. The heat. Bring it on.

My friend asked me the other day what projects I am working on right now, to which I replied, "None." My one and only project this summer is to enjoy. It is the first summer in five years that I haven't been either spending each evening over the porcelain bowl or scheduling around a nursing baby. The idea of freedom and flexibility thrills me.

To kick off our summer theme of "FUN" (the boys are just as thrilled as I am to pack away the winter coats and boots), we spent our family home evening this week compiling our summer to-dos.


Blake actually got really into making the bucket list. He came up with a lot of the suggestions (and pictures). He thinks we can play at 20 different parks, which may not be that much of a stretch considering we have already been to 7. We have a park within walking distance but I love to take the boys to new parks with different play structures.

A big highlight of the summer will be going to Michigan. My good husband was the mastermind behind the whole idea, even though he won't be able to join us. He is always thinking of ways for me to stay connected to my roots. It has been two years since I've been home. None of my extended family have ever seen Nash. I can't wait to reunite with some of my favorite people on the planet and walk on those sandy beaches. I can almost feel the humidity now.

This summer is going to be good.

If you would like to make your own summer bucket list, click on this printable that you can download with my design:


What you'll need:
  • 11 x 17 inch frame
  • permanent marker or dry erase marker
What you'll do:
  • download the printable and print as a 12x18 photo (I printed mine at Costco)
  • trim about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off each side and 1 inch off the bottom so it will fit into your frame
  • place the list into your frame behind the glass
  • use a permanent marker or dry erase marker to write down your summer bucket list
  • mark them off when the fun is had


8 comments:

  1. Oooh Oooh pick me !!! Pick me!!!! My favorite part of this post is MICHIGAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea, I'm going to have to steal it for next summer, when I'm not catering to a nursing baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you to go to MI! I know you have been talking a bit about how you have missed it! I am jealous, I don't think we will get back there this summer since we are actually taking a vacation (not to MI) on our own, which is great but kind of sad. I hope you have tons of fun, I am sure you will see Austin, but you need to see Rylee and Reese too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including the printable! I was just thinking while I read it that it was such a cool idea. We might have to copy it. Is that seriously your handwriting though? If it is, that's not even fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, I actually thought about re-doing it about 14 times because I hate my handwriting! Normally I would have typed something like this, but I was trying not to be a perfectionist. Every time I walk by, the handwriting still irks me...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. In Arizona it is more about staying out of the heat! 103 while I was driving at 5 pm today :)

    BTW, didn't comment but I loved the pictures from your cruise vacation. So nice to have time away from kids. It makes going back to real life a lot easier. I think it makes people better parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the things you design. I love that Blake helped too. I have to say though, I'm pretty jealous your summer doesn't have any projects and you just get to play the whole time! We'll join you on the 20 parks goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do come up with some of the greatest ideas I've ever seen. I love seeing what you're beautiful family is coming up with next.

    ReplyDelete