Pages

27 November 2010

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. Our long running tradition in my family is to read "'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving," on Thanksgiving Eve, followed by our annual (edited) feature presentation of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". Then we top off the night with a round of harmonized gobbles. Oh how I love traditions.

I think we have the book just about memorized by now, but even so, we take turns passing it around and reading the story page by page.

Troy was really enthused about the tradition, as one might gather from his concentration on a Forbes magazine. Those raised eyebrows weren't out of sarcasm at all in response to our giddiness...


Blake figured out how to use my remote camera clicker, so we humored ourselves while the guys rolled their eyes. Oh and I promise that Blake has pants, it's just so much easier without them while he is perfecting his potty training skills.


It is so much fun (and helpful) to have family gathered for the holidays.


4 comments:

  1. Lol. I have definitely seen that look on Troy's face a few times...

    I wish I was there to participate in the giddiness! It's right up my alley! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the night end before you harmonized gobbles? I miss the fun traditions your family involved me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - of course we included the gobbling! I'll have to go back in and edit. I can't believe you remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, your Thanksgiving looks like so much fun! I love traditions too, and am especially grateful for them now that I'm not normally in the same place two years in a row so don't get so much of a chance to celebrate them. This year we were at my grandma's, where I celebrated Thanksgiving all throughout college, and it felt SO NICE to be back and be a part of that tradition again!

    ReplyDelete