Pages

04 November 2010

Salty and Sweet

One of my favorite salty and sweet combinations is popcorn and M&M's.

It is a standard for every girls night.

The M&M's become slightly melted when piping hot popcorn is poured over them. I feel only joy as I alternate nibbling between the too salty, fake-butter tasting popcorn and the softened candy coated chocolatey treats. 

As if that combination isn't heaven on earth, I have discovered an even more delicious concoction.

I'm talking about popcorn and Cadbury Chocolates mixed to delectable perfection.

The best time of the year is when Cadbury Mini-Eggs come out in stores around Easter (as previously mentioned here and here), but a very close second is when Cadbury Holiday Chocolates appear in the Christmas candy aisles. They taste exactly like the mini-eggs only they come in an ornament shape instead of an egg shape. 

The holiday eggs show up in stores immediately after Halloween ends. Therefore, November and December become very dangerous candy eating months for me in addition to March and April. 

And those slightly melted morsels of sweet chocolately goodness mixed with salty popcorn are simply irresistible. An upgrade from M&M's by a long shot.

I found a partner in crime that enjoys this savory snack as much as I do.

We'll squeeze in those fruits and vegetables...next week.




Mmmmmmmm.


3 comments:

  1. I remember storing those Easter Cadbury mini-eggs in the cooler on the way to Gulf Shores for spring break....while watching the Thornbirds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I also remember you doing that in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you and Abby always with those Cadbury Mini Eggs, those are my favorite as well! I had no idea they make Christmas ones!?!?! I will be on the lookout for those this year!

    ReplyDelete