Pages

23 June 2010

Close to Cousins

Summertime means wedding season and there are a record number of weddings in the Tanner family this summer. It isn't too surprising considering Troy has 78 first cousins, but the wedding celebrations are up to 6 and counting! That's basically two or more weekends a month devoted to weddings including the showers, dinners the night before, ceremonies, luncheons, and receptions. The great part about all these weddings (besides the nuptials) is all of the family members that are coming into town for the events.

Over the weekend I watched two of Troy's California cousins' girls who also happen to be 2½ while their parents attended a luncheon for one of the weddings. That makes them Blake's second cousins or first cousins once removed or something like that. Regardless, they are the closest thing to cousins he has ever seen! He was delighted to find them in our house when he woke up from his nap. They taught him how to play hide-and-seek, which he still talks about every day. He spent most of the time in awe of these energetic little girls who ran around and jumped off stairs and played new games. I wish they lived closer because Blake loves the new friends he made.

Becca, Isabel, and Blake.

I was amused by how different little girls are than little boys. They toted their babies around everywhere, putting them in the swing and even under their dresses on their bellies. I have gotten so used to trucks and balls that I thought their actions were hilarious!

You have to love getting two year olds to cooperate for pictures, especially when the sun is right in their eyes.


3 comments:

  1. Awww I love the last picture with them shading their eyes. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to mention my name if any of them need a photographer!

    And Nashy #1, I think you are going to die when you have a little girl someday. My experience only comes from photographing little kids, but you are SO right. There's such a difference in the way that they interact with each other and everything.

    For instance, a little boy's automatic reaction to my camera is often to try and destroy it at all costs. A little girl's automatic reaction is often to pose and try her hardest to look her best. There are exceptions to both rules, of course, but it's really funny to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I texted Troy, but haven't heard back yet, so I thought I'd try this option to get in touch. We are planning a cousins get together at my parents' house this Monday. If you think you can come, email me at maryanne.hunter@gmail.com. I hope you can come! I'd love to see you and all your boys!

    ReplyDelete