Pages

28 August 2009

Cabo Part Three - Viva la Mexico

Here are the last of the Cabo pictures. We ate at a lot of great restaurants (minus the toddler) while we were there. This picture was kind of an afterthought. It was taken after flying and driving all day, so none of us are at our best. However, it was such a scenic dinner that we had to capture it. We were given our own private balcony at the resort's bistro overlooking the ocean. It was gorgeous.

Another fun restaurant that we went to was mi casa. All of the restaurants in Cabo are partially or completely outdoors and they have to set up the tables and chairs each night. I guess that works in Cabo because it rains about 4 days a year. We loved the bright colorful chairs at this restaurant.

The Tanners seriously put up with me a ton when I had to take my nauseated walking breaks or eat immediately. I'm excited to go to Cabo again when I'm not pregnant and enjoy it a little more. This particular break was in a small park in the center of town where we watched some break dancers in the gazebo.

We found fountains in the shopping center that made different shapes when the wind blew.

Again, these pictures were afterthoughts since we had come straight from the beach this day, but I think my hubby looks like a hottie here.

Speaking of my husband, he found this shirt in a souvenir store and thought it was hilarious. He really wanted to buy it. Such a sweetheart, I know.

Our last full day in Cabo was Troy's birthday. We went out for breakfast where they sang to him in Spanish and brought him some birthday pancakes.

He also was sung to at dinner with the lights dimmed and his own personal pianist (in the background). The waiters had a hard time saying "Troy." They kept calling him "Yoy," so Tricia explained to them in Spanish that it was like the movie "Troy" with Brad Pitt. The movie was filmed in Cabo a few years ago, so once the waiters associated Troy with Brad Pitt, they pronounced his name correctly. We joked around with them that unfortunately our cousin Brad couldn't make this trip with us.

Happy Birthday, Troy!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing! I'm glad you had a good time. We need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, officially jealous! I love the shirt you were wearing in the colorful chair picture, and great tan chica!!!

    ReplyDelete