Pages

07 August 2009

Blake's Prayers

Blake recently learned how to fold his arms. Ever since he learned this reverent habit, he never ever forgets to say prayers. He often puts me to shame as I join him at the breakfast table with my toast and he remembers to fold his arms when it hasn't even crossed my mind to pray.

He also knows the routine of song, then prayer. After every hymn sung at church, he immediately folds his arms.

He promptly gets ready for prayers at home after we sing him a bedtime song. In his prayers, he repeats after us the list of people to be grateful for. He'll go through the whole line, repeating the names mama, dada, Jesus, Jo-Jo, Tricia, Todd, and Grandpa. However, each time we get to Grandma, he clearly states, "yup." For whatever reason, he will not say the word Grandma. It's driving his two grandmas crazy, but we think it's pretty funny that he just says "yup" every time instead of attempting the word. What a sweet reverent boy, all grown up and learning to pray.


6 comments:

  1. We'll be working hard on saying "grandma" as soon as I get there. I guess he's just saving saying the most important family member's name for last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious and cute. I love his little face in the pictures of him folding his arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol to Grandma Julie's comment, because that's exactly what I was thinking..."Julie Nash is going to be drilling poor little Blake the whole time she's there!" :)

    He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture that you got of him folding his arms. He looks so proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny! It's amazing how they start picking up on things so quickly now.

    ReplyDelete