Pages

02 July 2009

Michiganders

Besides welcoming my brother home, going to the beach, and having a girl's night, our first week in Michigan was packed with seeing our favorite Michiganders and spending every day in the pool. I forgot how hot and humid it was in Michigan, so we basically lived in the pool every moment we possibly could.

Jorden got to know his nephew a little bit better and Blake now calls him "Juh-Juh," short for Jo-Jo.

We had an informal picnic at a local park for Jorden to welcome him home from his mission. Over 60 family members and friends came to the celebration. It's always nice for me when our time is limited to be able to see everyone at one time in one place. My mom and her friends Mari-Beth and Julie did most of the work to put on this great event.

I was the designated picture-taker for the picnic (using the word photographer would be a stretch), but I completely failed because I ended up visiting the whole time. Here's one I took with some extended family.

Another reason I didn't take many pictures is because I was hogging my friend Liz's two-month old baby boy for a large amount of time. She just handed him over every time she saw me. I have to get my baby fill whenever possible since my Blake won't cuddle anymore.

Blake had his girlfriend Kylie over for a playdate. They have been sworn to each other since birth. They collectively created a crayon masterpiece. We will display it in their wedding book someday.

Kylie's mom (and my friend), Kourtni, came too. She used to live by us but recently moved back to Michigan. I didn't even try to hide my jealously.

I also spent a day with Abby, my best friend from high school. She came to the park with us to feed the ducks, and then we went out to lunch at Panera Bread (another Michigan must-have). We spent the afternoon in the pool. It's always fun to see Abby to reminisce and pick up right where we left off.

Our first week in Michigan was busy and crazy and hot and fun and filled with our favorite people and places. That is just the way I like it.


5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you all. I know from your post from a month or two ago that it has been tough to be away from so many family and friends. It is probably so nice to be surrounded by so many loved ones and a fun experience for Blake to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, definitely keep the crayon masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm ready for my Lindsey time...And it starts tomorrow! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is quite a busy week :) Make sure to enjoy the beach lots for me because I definitely miss it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to let you hold him whenever you come and visit:).

    ReplyDelete