Pages

24 June 2009

We're All Together Again

Our vacation has already been jam packed with what I love the most; seeing my fellow Michiganders. Blake warmed right back up to his grandma and grandpa. He visited his grandpa at the office and fed the ducks that gather by the pond in the back.

The transition to a new time zone and a new place hasn't been the smoothest this time around. Blake has been running a fever, cutting a tooth, sleeping in disrupted intervals, whining constantly and getting up inconsolably during the night. I thought he would do better this time around but I'm hoping he'll adjust more in the next few days. His grandma, however, has loved the extra cuddling he has been extending because of his condition.
Since Blake was having a rough adjustment, I opted to leave him home with his eager grandparents while I went to girl's night with my besties (and company).

I haven't seen my friend Katie's twins since last summer. They have grown up so much. It's always fun to see what they are doing because I know that Blake will enter the same phases soon.

We haven't all been together in over two years. We've been together in combinations, but not all in the the same place at the same time. We went out to dinner, made fun of a chick flick, and talked and laughed a lot. It was a great equation for an awesome girl's night.

In a few short hours, we will welcome my brother back into the country, and we will really be all together again. Reunions are the best.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see you guys! I'm sad we can't make it on Saturday but you'll be at church Sunday right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are in town! I'll see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun (except Blake adjusting...and with teething too, thats horrible). That will be so great to have everyone together and then Jordan comes back. Have fun and tell him hello and give him a big hug from the Miller Family :)

    ReplyDelete