Pages

18 June 2009

Mr. Clean

Blake started begging and pointing at my napkin holder for no apparent reason yesterday. He couldn't reach it on the counter, which was good, because I figured he would create a shredded napkin disaster. Over the next few minutes, he got more and more hysterical about wanting the napkins. Tears streamed down his little cheeks as he shouted, "uh oh, uh oh, UH OH!"

I finally caved and handed him one napkin, though I knew he would rip it up and I would have to move the napkin holder out of his sight to prevent future outbursts. However, instead of tearing the napkin into a million pieces, Blake rushed across the kitchen to where a tiny droplet of milk had spilled from his sippy cup, and proceeded to wipe it right up. I have no idea where he learned to be tidy and have everything in place. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.




7 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cute! Jonathan likes to wipe his hands and face with whatever cloth like item might be near him. I'm trying to get him to clean up after himself when he carries his sippy cup around, so far it's not working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have him teach that to my 20 year old Chase? That's neat when you see the light bulbs turn on in their brains. Cool. It's great to see your family progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...and maybe teach it to my 29 year old husband...

    Did you have the camera right there, or did you spill more milk so he would do it again and you could grab a quick picture? Regardless...VERY cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK......he's your mom...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I would like to add my husband to the list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I guess you reap what you sow huh? Sounds like someone has been watching his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great trait to inherit from his mommy!

    ReplyDelete