Pages

17 July 2009

Back in You-Taw

We spent our last few days in Michigan at my friend Katie's house and went to the pool with our favorite twins, Hayden and Mason.

I felt bad that Katie hosted us at the end of our three weeks because we were exhausted by then. We did a lot of napping and repacking while we were at her house, but we did manage to squeeze in a picnic at the park. The boys even pushed Blake around in his stroller.

I have to give a shout out to my little trooper. Whilst on vacation, we slept at 8 different houses, spent over 25 hours riding in the car, and spent 10 hours on airplanes. We were basically packing, unpacking, and repacking every few days, and schedules were often completely thrown off. For my ultra sensitive child, he did amazingly well. That doesn't take into account a few meltdowns, an almost-broken nose, a few fevers, and some panicking whenever I left his sight. However, he was delightful for the majority of the time and he adjusted better to new situations, people, and sleeping arrangements that were thrown at him than I thought he would.

I didn't think I would admit to this, but it is actually nice to be home. All of the traveling and repacking got pretty old after a while. It feels good to be settling back into a routine again. We don't know when the next time we will visit Michigan will be, so I'm glad we got to enjoy it for so long and spend so much time with some of our favorite people in the world. Thank you to everyone who hosted us, fed us, and graced us with your company.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the much anticipated visit is over already. I miss you...already. It was good to spend some quality time with you, especially up on Mackinac. I'm just going to hope that the stars keep aligning the way they have been, and hopefully I'll see you again within the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, little Blake has been through a lot!! But with a cautious child like yours perhaps it broke down some barriers. Kudos for him adjusting to all the changes. Sounded like a fun trip but from your description I can very much see why you are grateful to be home!

    ReplyDelete