Pages

24 May 2008

A Trip Down MSU Lane

On our last day in Michigan, we met up with some friends and walked around Michigan State's campus. I found myself feeling incredibly nostalgic for college days. We pushed our strollers along the Red Cedar river and talked about so many memories that we made together. Although none of us would trade where we are in life now, we recognized those years at MSU as such a unique time in our lives filled with amazing experiences. It was at MSU where we all met each other, and where we all met our husbands as well. I hope to bring Blake back someday so I can tell him more about memories with friends and with Troy.

Spring 2004, in front of Sparty.

Spring 2008, four children later!

The building behind is us where we all lived.

There is a bench that faces the river that holds a lot of memories for Troy and me. We used to go there all the time and talk for hours.

We even carved our initials into the bench 5 years ago, and I was so happy to see that they were still there! A little corny, I know, but every time I rode my bike past this bench while Troy was on his mission, it made me feel better to see that our initials were intact. I can't believe they have lasted this long, and are still so clear!


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have a copy of the one of us in front of Sparty four years ago. Crazy how much things changed in four years! I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like so much fun. Its cool that you guys could have that experience. I think its so romantic about the bench and the initials and everything. A trip down memory lane...its fun for so many, especially when you have such great memories!!

    ReplyDelete