Pages

22 May 2008

Cedar Point

One of the highlights of our vacation was our trip to Cedar Point with our best friends. Last summer, when I was pregnant, I didn't have many food cravings, but I really craved roller coasters and I couldn't ride them. A little strange, I know, but I am a roller coaster maniac! Or at least that is how Troy labeled me.

Cedar Point is the best amusement park ever. It has more roller coasters than any other park in the world. In my opinion, it is so much better than Six Flags, Disneyland, etc. I grew up going to this Ohio park annually with my dad and I just love it! This was also my first night and day away from Blake, and it actually went pretty well. I called home about four times to make sure he was alright, but Grandma Julie loved taking care of him. It was incredibly fun for all of us couples to have a day together again without our children even though we love them. It felt like a mini spring break!

Some of our favorite memories of the trip were Troy's 2-hour long blood-pressure rising financial advice session in the car, "pillow talk" in the hotel room where we had had all planned on getting a good night's sleep without our children but instead stayed up late laughing, and Troy getting pulled over by a cop on the way home.

When the cop asked for the registration, Troy and Mitch fiddled around for several minutes trying to figure out how to open the glove compartment. We were driving my parent's vehicle and didn't know how  open anything. Then, Troy accidentally stepped on the gas pedal as he handed the cop several expired registrations. I don't know why my dad even keeps those! We figured we would definitely get a ticket, but when the cop came back, he let Troy off with a warning. He said, "Watching you guys try to figure out how to open the glove compartment was the funniest thing I've seen all night!" Troy added, "How about revving up the engine?" The cop said, "That was pretty funny too." We imagined that later that night he went and told all his cop friends about these idiots that couldn't figure out their car.

Back at the park, I had "tourist" written all over me. I had to carefully map out our route so that we didn't miss any hits. Troy was embarrassed.

The longest we had to wait for any ride was a half hour, so it was a good day to go.


One of our favorite rides was the Sky Hawk. It is like a huge swing where you are pushed toward the sky, then, it reverses direction and rushes back at 60 mph toward the ground. We rode this one twice in a row and could have kept going back for more. It was one of those rides that makes you giddy (not that us girls need a thrill ride to bring out that feature).

The Top Thrill Dragster was a newer ride at Cedar Point that has now become my favorite. It is 420 feet tall and reaches a speed of 120 mph within four seconds of the launch. It helped Cedar Point reclaim the title of owning the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the universe. I wasn't scared one bit.

See, you can tell by my face in the back left.

Can we go back every day?



2 comments:

  1. I am officially jealous. We won't be in Michigan long enough to enjoy that wonderful place. Looks like you enjoyed it for all of us though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortnately we live in New Jersey and the closest place we can go is Six Flags Great Adventure. Its still a good park.

    Six Flags Discounts

    ReplyDelete