Pages

17 February 2010

Nash's Nook

We decided to make our guest room into a shared nursery. We weren't quite ready to give up our guest room completely, but we also didn't think it would work for the boys to share a room yet. The space is a little crowded and Nash's section is literally just a nook of the room, but we made it work. I actually rearranged the furniture and put the crib together the day before Nash was born. Maybe that was what put me into labor! Talk about finishing just in time though. I tried to coordinate the baby items with what we already had in the room so it's nothing too cute or exciting, but I added a few things to make it more nursery-like.


I couldn't find a crib sheet in the color I wanted, so we made our own over the holidays (by "we" I mean I picked out the fabric and my mom did all the sewing).

This mobile turned out to be a nightmare to make, but I love the end result! I thought it would be a simple afternoon project but it ended up taking much longer. The strands got completely tangled while in production, I had to completely disassemble the entire thing and re-glue all of the circles when they kept falling off, and it took two entire movies just to tie the ribbons on. I thought about throwing it away several times. It truly was a labor of love.
 

We squeezed in the rocking chair and made the dresser into a makeshift changing table.

Voila, Nash's nook! Now if I could only paint the walls...


5 comments:

  1. I think it looks awesome. Very classy. Did you do that painting on the wall???

    So, now that your mom is visiting and staying in the guest room, does that mean she is getting up with Nash at night? Hehe, just kidding. I guess that wouldn't really work with the whole breastfeeding thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is awesome. I think you need to post a tutorial on how you did the mobile. I think that would be awesome in my nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks adorable. I love, love the mobile. I may have to make one. Oh and I agree with Liz you should post a tutorial about the mobile, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very VERY cute. I might need to hire you to do our nursery next time around.

    ReplyDelete