Pages

22 December 2014

Wreath Woes

Ever since I painted our front door black, it heats up like crazy in the afternoon sun pouring in from the south. Last Christmas, my beloved cranberry wreath completely melted and warped. 
DSC_0821.jpg

To replace the cranberries, I crafted a wreath made from cinnamon sticks. It smelled divine. 
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

It never crossed my mind that the sun might damage the cinnamon stick wreath too. A couple of days after hanging it up, I started hearing a sporadic plop, plop...plop. I could not figure out what the noise was for the longest time. Until I opened the front door and found this:
DSC_0930.jpg

The sun melted the hot glue and good chunk of the wreath was lying on the ground. I re-glued all of the cinnamon sticks back on with gorilla glue, and the exact same thing happened. Plop, plop, plop.
DSC_0926.jpg

When I pulled out my Christmas decorations this year, I sighed when I came across the cinnamon stick wreath. I didn't even attempt to hang it up. Maybe next year I'll find it a new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment