Pages

20 January 2014

Ice Castles

It has been three years since the ice castles were built in one of our favorite little towns in the mountains. The structures originated at a nearby resort and became so popular that they expanded to many more locations across the US. We were so happy when we heard they were coming back to their roots this year. 

The only thing about their popularity is that they draw much bigger crowds than they used to. It was a tad more fun to visit when they were this secret gem tucked away that no one knew about. Now, everyone goes to the ice castles. Not that I blame them. They really are majestic and if I didn't have my three four cold and whiny boys in tow, I could have stayed and taken pictures all day (and night when they were all aglow).
DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

It was a bit slippery.
DSC_0467.jpg

The boys adored all the tunnels they added for them to crawl through.
DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

Look who was hiding in one of the ice castles.
DSC_0515.jpg

Boys with cold hands in pockets. Ready for me to put my camera down and get out of the winter wonderland, despite its beauty.
DSC_0547.jpg


3 comments:

  1. Haha, love the comment about the four boys. Also love the picture of you and Crew. You are so beautiful! Those ice castles look awesome. Another friend had a picture on her instagram, and I wasn't sure what she was talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the enthusiasm on Troy's face! Nash looks a little bigger this time than when we took him as a newborn during the Winter Olympics in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you and Crew looks just like a picture of you and Nash that I took last time we went. Crazy that it's been three years. I was sad we didn't make it up there this year, my girls would've died with Olaf. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete