Pages

02 February 2013

Nash is Three

My baby turned three today.

I've loved having him as my baby for the last three years. I'm a little sad that he won't be my baby very much longer and slightly nervous for him to become the middle child.

But I also think he's ready to hand over the reins and take on the role of big brother, especially with his advancement in age.

The celebrations started earlier this week at our local indoor carnival. We invited some friends to join us to both use up our extra Groupon passes and celebrate Nash's birthday. Win/win.

Nash has developed a slight crush on this one. When we went away with our friends a few weekends ago, he could not go to bed at night without first saying goodnight to Bella.
DSC_0652

DSC_0655

DSC_0659

Nash's reaction to everyone singing to him was really funny. He hid his eyes under his hands and finally peeked out at the end.
DSC_0670

DSC_0677

DSC_0681

Nash's actual birthday was kicked off with breakfast with dad, his favorite Saturday morning tradition. They came home and he couldn't wait one more minute to open presents, thanks to some convincing by his big brother.
DSC_0727

DSC_0702

DSC_0706

DSC_0738

Blake was right on the forefront of the present unwrapping. He had a hard time understanding that it wasn't his birthday.
DSC_0715

Since Nash's birthday fell on a Saturday, we finally checked out our new gigantic sporting goods store that has an indoor ferris wheel.
DSC_0752

DSC_0768

DSC_0774

DSC_0786

Nash kept an iron-clad grip on his ferris wheel token while we waited in line. He loved every second of the ride and cried when it was time to get off. It was more like a full-blown tantrum. Ah, welcome to the age of three. In my experience, much harder than two.
DSC_0784

He took a nice long needed nap and we topped off the night with dinner and ice cream cake.
DSC_0801

DSC_0804

3 reasons why I love our Nashy Nashy:

1. He is so full of spunk and determination and hardly anything ruffles him.

2. He says and does cute things constantly. Everything from his facial expressions to the phrases he comes up with to the way he mimics his big brother. I don't know how many times a day Troy and I turn to each other and mutter how cute he is.

3. He is genuinely sweet. He comes up to me all day long, wanting to snuggle and give hugs and kisses. He bats his eyes and says, "I love you, mom," out of blue every single day and it makes my heart turn to mush. 

Happy birthday, little man. We love you.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to my favorite 3-year-old! Grandma misses you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love all the pictures. I am need some copies of Bella and nash. I love them. They are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just imagine the beautiful blue-eyed children Nash and Bella would have! Happy birthday Nashy, we're all big fans of you over here. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete