Pages

14 February 2013

Valentine-ing

When I was growing up, my mom always made homemade Valentines with us.

I've wanted to continue the tradition because a) I like how meaningful it is b) it creates lasting memories (I still remember the year confetti was placed in each individual card, and the first time my mom let me use her embossing gun) and c) I obviously enjoy projects like this. Maybe since I have all boys they won't want to make Valentines with me forever, but I'm soaking up their enthusiasm while they're still young and willing to help.

We settled on monster pencils this year. I can't take credit for the idea (thanks Pinterest for guiding me here), but we had to add our own tags and washi tape of course.
DSC_0860

DSC_0863

Blake diligently signed each one.
DSC_0850

DSC_0859

We also carried out our tradition of making jello hearts. The jello boxes sat in our pantry for over a week taunting the boys. So, they were pretty elated when Valentine's Day finally arrived for the sole purpose of cutting out those hearts.
DSC_0877

DSC_0887

DSC_0902

Happy Valentine's Day!
DSC_0821


2 comments:

  1. That brought back memories of making valentines years ago. So cute that Blake is signing all his valentines. I bet they loved those jello hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so darling. I love the homemade valentines.

    ReplyDelete