Pages

03 January 2013

Christmas and the New Year

I'm not going to sugar-coat it. This Christmas was a mix of exhaustion and unmet expectations and family drama and sickness (still) and tears and the loss of dreams resurfacing all over again. 

I'm mostly just glad it's all over with, especially now that I have the stomach flu while being 6 months pregnant, not one Christmas decoration has been put away yet, my house is begging to be re-organized, our cupboards and fridge are bare, I'm behind at work, and I have a growing list of things I need to do for the new year in Primary.

I'm grateful for the fresh start that a new year holds, even though I have yet to put concrete goals and new dreams into writing.

It'll all happen eventually, I suppose. I'm trying to not be too hard on myself. Especially since I can't get out of bed even if I wanted to.

Thankfully, our boys were too excited about the magic of Christmas to notice the fragile state our family was in. I'm so grateful for their youthful innocence. I don't think I'll ever tire of their anticipation and excitement for Christmas morning. It's one of the best parts about being a parent. Both a distraction from our trials and a reminder about what matters most.

They remind me over and over that life is about second chances.

I'm excited for a Christmas do-over twelve months from now.

And I'm hopeful about what 2013 will offer.



1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog. Your Christmas traditions look so fun. The Polar Express looks so cool. I'm excited to do that when Bentlee's older. I love all the pictures. Your boys are seriously CUTE and I can't believe how SMALL you are for being 6 months. It's a little annoying. :)

    We want to come see you guys! Hopefully this week because I'm going to Michigan next week!

    ReplyDelete