Pages

29 January 2013

Freezing Time

A slight panic washed over me this week.

I was listening to Nash happily singing every song he knows in the backseat with his own variations when it dawned on me. 

He will never be this age again.

His smile will change. His cute lisp will subside. His voice will deepen. One day, he won't run to me anymore when he can't stop his tears.

I'm sure the panic has something to do with Nash turning three later this week. Every once and awhile amidst the craziness of getting through each day, it dawns on me that our children are gradually changing and molding into newer versions of themselves.

Whenever I start to feel panic about them growing up, it makes me want to do something that will freeze time and make the moments stay with me longer.

So, I hurried and whipped out my video camera so I could "freeze time," at least for today. I captured Nash in his element, reciting a nursery rhyme with his adorable voice and expressions. I know all too well that even a few months from now, he won't give it quite the same vigor. 

It helps me to relax a little bit when I have records of moments that I never want to forget. I need to remember to take more videos, because there's so much that can't really be captured in a photo.



3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love the "Mom, no more!" His voice really is adorable, and I hate to say it, but he has grown up a lot since I saw you this Summer. Also, he sounds just like Blake did at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SO CUTE! I just want to give him a big hug. Yes, he sure does sound and even look like Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! The instructions to you at the end are the best part. What a treasure. I got all teared up with homesickness for him and for Blake watching it

    ReplyDelete