Pages

16 September 2012

Michigan Wrap-Up

Just a few more things I can't leave out that made our trip to Michigan complete:

1. My besties (and former college roommates) and our husbands took a quick two day trip to Ohio, leaving our collective 8 children behind. There is nothing more refreshing than a full 48 hours of nonstop laughing without worrying about the needs of our small children. 
DSC_0427-2

DSC_0432-2

The main purpose for our trip was to spend the day at Cedar Point; only the best theme park in the entire world. 
IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

The Top Thrill Dragster was by far my favorite ride. Look at that thing! Straight up and straight back down. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. We were all exhausted and feeling a little sick before we even hit the dinner hour. None of us minded calling it a day. We rode everything we wanted and we didn't mind starting that five hour drive a bit earlier. But it's always a little depressing to discover that our stomachs aren't what they once were.
IMG_1228.jpg

2. My ten year class reunion was scheduled a week after my brother's reception, so we made it work to attend. I am one of those people who loved high school. I cried when it ended. 

Troy was even a good sport and came with me, which I was so happy about. In fact, that was my Christmas present last year. A typed note, sealed in an envelope, informing me that he would attend my reunion without complaining. I'm not even kidding. He followed through, and I think he may have even enjoyed the food and company. Not that I was surprised. He is always more outgoing and at ease in those types of situations than I am.

My best friend from high school, Abby, and I spent hours catching up earlier in the week, but it's always nice to have another excuse to get together. 
DSC_0485-2

3. The boys left the state on a high note when the pilot on our puddle jumper flight invited them into the cockpit, and told them they could push "whatever buttons they wanted."
DSC_0487-2

It was kind of a dangerous invitation, but the pilot ensured us that they couldn't mess anything up.
DSC_0492-2

DSC_0494-2

And with that, we headed home with a sea of memories and a summer well spent with people we adore.


3 comments:

  1. geeked I made the blog :)
    Thank-you for coming over after waiting for me for hours and then spending the hours laughing and me crying!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you and Abby were color coordinated. :) Just kidding. Seriously, I love the outfit you ended up wearing to the reunion!

    And that's crazy about the boys being able to push whatever buttons they wanted! I think I would have been freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to get away with friends without the kids! I'm glad you got to do that. I was going to comment on the color-coordinating at the reunion too (only the BEST of friends mirror each other's gray and yellow when they go out :). And AWESOME that the boys got to play in a real cockpit! So glad you had your camera ready for such a cool thing.

    P.S. love that the iPhone can solve the whole "carry around a camera at an amusement park" situation (or those like it). I always want some pictures, but its just not worth it to haul that big expensive one on all the rides.

    ReplyDelete