Pages

23 May 2012

A Reunited Miracle

Shortly after I posted about Nash's loss, we received this package in the mail:
DSC_0199

I didn't have to open it to know what it was. I let Nash open it instead:


We still can't believe it. It's truly a Disneyland miracle that Nash's nie-night was found amongst hundreds of thousands of people, two weeks later.

It came to us covered in dirt and I'm surprised that someone would actually turn that thing in.

I'm so grateful to that someone.

I'm impressed with Disney that they would go ahead and ship it right to us. And I'm impressed with Blake for not losing faith. He continued to pray to find Nash's nie-night every day even though we told him it was long gone.

Nash is obviously thrilled.
DSC_0207

DSC_0204

DSC_0211

DSC_0216

The nie-night even came to us as an honorary pilot after his flight home.
DSC_0218

Words can't describe how happy we all are.
DSC_0217


12 comments:

  1. Oh how remarkable!! Just goes to show that Disney is probably the greatest family vacation to go on...everyone else is filling those big parenting shoes just like you are and they totally get it. And I would venture to guess that whoever found that, knew they had just given a HUGE piece of Nash's heart and yours right back to you in a little brown envelope. Oh, this makes me happy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaghhh! This makes me so happy! As if I didn't already think Disneyland was wonderful, they just took an even bigger step up the ladder in my book! The video is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO happy for Nashy! What a miracle! He probably didn't want to let it out of his sight to let it take a spin in the washing machine. I'm so glad you captured it on video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my heck. I am such a baby but watching nash open that package made my cry my eyes out. That was the sweetest thing ever. I am so happy for him. now I just need to stop crying. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! I am so happy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps it's those hormones still coursing through me. Perhaps it's because I'm severely sleep deprived. This made me cry. I'm so happy for Nash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! When I saw the title to this post I could only hope that it was his lovey. So awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH. MY. GOSH. This is the coolest thing every, and that video is the CUTEST. I got mega chills before I even started reading your post. So happy for you guys!! Definitely an answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go, Disneyland!!! It's nice to know that there are good-hearted people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing story!!! Answered prayers! Truly a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so amazing. I mean, like you said, out of the hundreds of thousands of visitors, hundreds of workers at Disneyland and being in a whole other state that nie-night made it back to you guys!! A miracle and sort of makes me like Disneyland even more. The pictures were so precious of Nash being so happy to see his favorite thing. Both my boys have something like that as well. We would all die without those things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't had a chance to catch up on blogs in a while and I am so glad I was able to today! What a great vacation and I am so happy to see Nash got his Nie-night back! He is looking more like Troy in some of those photos, just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete