Pages

14 May 2012

The Hardest Job in the World

I don't have a nice Mother's Day post prepared this year. I was too busy doing that mothering thing and recovering from vacation to even think about Mother's Day. It caught me off guard and aside from talking on Skype with my mom and mom-in-law, I kind of dropped the ball this time around.

But that doesn't mean that I didn't take a few moments to appreciate the endless blessings of being a mom.

I spent most of the day trying to get Nash's burning fever to come down that spiked right as Blake was singing "Mother Dear, I Love You So" with the Primary children at church. 

Even though Nash spent the rest of the day in my arms or on the carpet sleeping, I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day than with my babe curled up tight against me.
DSC_0154

DSC_0152

Blake's handmade gifts and Troy's home cooked dinner were just extra perks.
DSC_0151

DSC_0190

I am always grateful for the chance to reflect on motherhood and resolve to do better, whether it be on Mother's Day or any other time of the year. 

Because the hardest job in the world

is the best job in the world.

Oh how I always need this reminder:


1 comment:

  1. What a stunning picture of you! Gorgeous! I'm sorry about Nash being sick, but I'm glad your mothers day was relaxing. That was all I wanted for mothers day and instead we spent the whole day running around. Can I get a redo?

    ReplyDelete