Pages

08 March 2012

The Good and the Not-as-Good

Troy got home late last night from a trip to New York. As usual when he is away, it was a mixture of good and not-as-good around here.

The good:
  • I brought up the Christmas Tree box from the basement for the boys to play with. It was colored, painted, and transformed into a pirate ship, a car, a time machine, Neverland, and a "scary" closet.
  • We rented a Redbox movie & picked out candy from the gas station; our tradition for whenever Troy is away.
  • A sitter came over on Saturday so I could sneak away and attend one of my best friend's baby shower. It was adorable and my head is spinning with ideas for the next shower I throw.
  • I got a lot of work done, despite the fact that I had cords running across the family room because Troy took my laptop with him.
  • A couple of friends came over to watch a show that shall remain nameless and we stayed up talking till the wee hours of the morning.
  • It's Cadbury mini-egg season.
  • We had one nice day before it snowed again. I may have been over-ambitious, but we biked to the park and had a picnic lunch. It was still a tad chilly for that. 
DSC_0606

DSC_0609

DSC_0621

The not-as-good:
  • Blake may or may not have been electrocuted. A nightlight, a quarter with two big burn marks, and a blown fuse were involved. He came downstairs crying but said that he didn't remember getting hurt.
  • I endured some not-so-fun side effects from the antibiotic I was on for my sinus infection.
  • Our furnace broke down for the umpteenth time.
  • My cell phone fell out of my back pocket into the toilet. I'm crossing my fingers that it will still work after disassembling, vacuuming, and soaking in rice for 24 hours.
  • I freaked out a bit about J-walking while Blake was on his bike. Where we live, the crosswalk is just too far away to backtrack to the park. Blake's little feet peddled as fast as they could and we made it across the street safely, but talk about stressful. I think he has outgrown his tricycle.
DSC_0612

I'm always glad when Troy comes home so I can both laugh and commiserate with him.


6 comments:

  1. If you cross the street at a street corner, it's still legal and considered an unmarked crosswalk. Still scary crossing that road to get to the park though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second picture of Nash. I had to do a serious double take to make sure it wasn't Blake!

    Mixed feelings about these girlfriends you've become so close to. I'm glad you've found good friends out there. I'm just jealous. I don't have anyone like that here!

    And amen to the cadbury eggs. I'm definitely eating some right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave leaves for his first ever business trip on Sunday. I'm not happy about it. He's never been gone for more than a day. I might go crazy :)

    I love Cadbury mini eggs too. I should go get some to get me through next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a mix of good and bad. Hope your phone is okay! I just put my phone in my back pocket yesterday and told myself it probably wasn't a good idea.

    Thanks again for coming to my shower, that was really sweet of you to get a sitter for it while Troy was away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also very happy for cadbury mini egg season! I can only imagine my posts will be similiar with Jason always being gone for the Army here and there. I still loved reading this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha... does the "movie that shall remain nameless" have anything in common with my red, white and black cookies? :)

    ReplyDelete