Pages

06 February 2012

Celebrating Nash

I tried to make Nash's birthday exciting - for a two year old. I didn't do anything too elaborate that would be lost on him, but instead, filled the day with things he loves.

After dropping Blake off at school, the two of us went out for donuts.
DSC_0012

DSC_0017

I was surprised that he totally "got it" that it was his birthday. He sang Happy Birthday to himself approximately 79 times throughout the course of the day.

We went to storytime at the library, picked up Blake a little early from school, and headed to the children's museum.
DSC_0032

I think it's safe to say that Nash was in pure bliss.
DSC_0024

After naptime, Troy joined us and we took Nash out to dinner. He was pleased as punch to be sung to and indulge in his very own ice cream sundae.
DSC_0040

A few days later, we had a small family gathering to celebrate Nash.
DSC_0088

Nash caught on fast that he was the main event.
DSC_0121

He opened a few presents with help from his eager older brother.
DSC_0160

DSC_0163

DSC_0170

His Grandma surprised him and came into town for a quick birthday visit. She made him a new "nie-night," but he wasn't fooled into passing up the original article.
DSC_0177

He blew out two candles, all by himself.
DSC_0193

The excitement of the party put him into cuddly, tuckered out mode; my favorite.
DSC_0150

I don't think we could possibly love our Nash any more.
DSC_0138

Happy Birthday Buddy!
DSC_0143


5 comments:

  1. What a perfect day! He is such a cute, handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so CUTE!!! Love both of the posts about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did a day all about him! I've been thinking about incorporating more of that into birthdays, instead of just a big party. We are thinking about taking Gracie to the zoo for her birthday, instead of having a bunch of people over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much he's talking lately! I feel like that just happened overnight and I'm always surprised now when he's so vocal. Happy Birthday, Nashy!

    P.S. you keeping things simple makes me feel better about doing the same thing for my girls' birthday... no elaborate parties or days spent making trinkets and decor. Just simple celebrating with things that make them happy... perfect.

    ReplyDelete