Pages

20 February 2012

Baby Boy Showers

I have had the pleasure of hosting a couple baby boy showers for friends in the last few months.

The first shower was for my lifelong friend from Michigan. She was kind enough to let us host the shower at her house which was a huge relief because it was the day after we got home from Hawaii. I did the invitations and decor and another friend of ours did most of the food, which is exactly how I like to do showers.

The other shower was for a sweet neighbor and was scheduled for the end of January. However, she was induced early and had her baby the day before the scheduled event. So, we postponed for a few weeks and showered her with love just before she brought her baby boy home from the NICU.

One thing is for certain.

My friend Julee and I should never be given MORE time to plan a party.

Because then things like this happen:
DSC_0368

DSC_0458

DSC_0434

We did a hot chocolate bar with a variety of toppings.
DSC_0455

DSC_0372

DSC_0407

The hot chocolate was rich and delightful.
DSC_0386

But, of course, we didn't stop there.
DSC_0422

I kept adding gray and yellow touches while my friend Julee kept adding elaborate treats.
DSC_0378

DSC_0392

The brunch wouldn't be complete without orange rolls and cinnamon rolls.
DSC_0395

Some more of my friend's amazing creations:
DSC_0384

DSC_0411

DSC_0391

My friend Liz was awesome to bring a delicious breakfast casserole as well.
DSC_0394

Which left me to the fruit and lemon drops. I am really good at providing things that can be bought at Costco. It's just much better for everyone when I stick to the decor and delegate the food.
DSC_0419

Troy about died when he saw my water label. He thinks I should have made a label for the spout as well.
DSC_0435

Moving to the party room, I hung up my signature baby apparel.
DSC_0366

And completed the decor with a boy banner.
DSC_0463

DSC_0466

One of my favorite lines from baby boy showers is; "They make baby boy clothes so much cuter now than they used to!"

That line will always be said. Guaranteed.


8 comments:

  1. We'll just call you Martha from now on! I think I recognize that gray and white chevron fabric. :) I'm sure everyone had a great time and especially enjoyed the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing. You and Julee and Liz are awesome. I saw the other two briefly at church yesterday. I assume you were home with the boys. Hope they get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about doing weddings? Your attention to detail and amazing taste would bring you crazy success I'm sure. These showers look AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! I love the decor and the hot chocolate bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, as always! I love yellow and gray together as well. And I love the idea for a hot chocolate bar. All the treats were ridiculously cool. Look like something you'd buy from a bakery, or better! I giggled just thinking about Troy's reaction to the water label. I didn't even need to be there, I can hear it perfectly in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, everything looks amazing and that food - wow! I wished you lived me, oh and I wished I was pregnant JUST so you and your friends could throw me a baby shower!! Yup, I said it cause that is how good everything looks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, everything looks amazing! LOVE the gray and yellow. And I laughed at Troy's comment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha... I loved the line "julee doesn't need MORE time to get ready for a shower." You guys are so great-- it's a winning combo with their food and your decor!

    ReplyDelete