Pages

22 November 2011

Thankful Turkey

This is the time of year where I can’t help but feel thankful. Thankful for health, happiness, the beauty that surrounds us, good friends, and a loving family.

I'll admit that there are days that challenge me. Challenge me to be as good as I can be. Sometimes it is hard to be thankful when I feel that everything has gone wrong and that I've not lived up to my full potential.

But whenever I am feeling that way, I am reminded that there is always, always, always something to grateful for. 

The small act of stopping to reflect upon my blessings makes me realize that each day is a gift. And we are blessed beyond measure.

Even the smallest members of our family participated in adding feathers to our thankful turkey.



(This turkey was made by hot glueing two decorative grapevine balls together. I cut out feathers, glued them to toothpicks, and we pushed them into the gaps after writing what we were thankful for. That's it.)


8 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this. Granted, you are one of the most gorgeous people I know,(and you should be grateful for that) but I am guessing you didn't mean you were thankful for your own beauty??? :)

    That's such a cute thankful turkey! I like the idea that you can keep it, and just add the feathers to it every year. Every year I find myself looking for a pattern online or something, to draw one!

    We didn't write anything out this year, but for FHE we went around in a circle several times stating things we were thankful for. I couldn't help but think, "Why do we only do this once a year?" It's so great to be reminded of your blessings, to hear your child state what they're grateful for, and to express your appreciation for each other!

    I was impressed that you looked up the exact mileage to answer my post. And I would seriously love to do some of your shopping, if it weren't for the whole shipping issue. I run out of money before I get sick of the actual shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I saw that "doggies." Don't try to hide it. When are you going to give in and give your son a pet?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love turkey - so adorable! Count your blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. And of course you made something so simple to be so cute! Where did you get your turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that turkey!!!! So happy for you that you could go to Hawaii!! WHOO-HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love how cute it turned out (and thanks for the instructions, I wondered how you got the feathers to stick).

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I'm glad that book club made it on your thankful turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for my Kindle too! I love the grateful turkey, what an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete