Pages

11 November 2011

Fall Mantel

I have been despising our fireplace for approximately three years and four months.

After discussing the matter over and over, Troy and I finally reached a compromise that I could paint the fireplace white. He has pretty strong opinions against paint (hence why all of our walls are white white white), but even he agreed that the painted fireplace looks so much better than it did before.

Now that our fireplace isn't an awful honey wood color, I am actually excited about decorating the mantel.

I was in a mustard yellow and aqua mood this year, so I switched up the traditional fall colors. And no decor of mine would be complete without a hand crafted wreath (I have a fetish).


subway art via

book idea via


felt flower tutorial via


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your fall mantel! Thanks for linking up the torn book stacks too, I was excited when I saw that :) I liked how you added the black distressing around the edges of the books, what did you use to do that? Nice work with the paint as well, I didn't see your mantel before, but it looks so pretty in white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath! And turquoise pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo gorgeous. This looks like it was done by an interior designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Also I love the combination of the colors you chose to decorate. You have a great eye for that stuff cause things like that I would never even think about those combinations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what it was!! I kept staring at your mantel when we were over the other night trying to figure out what was different, but I just figured it was new decor. I LOVE the white!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete