Pages

03 October 2011

Holding On

I am holding on to summer as long as I can.

I may be the only person on the planet who is not a fan of fall. Sure, the leaves are kind of pretty (at least back in Michigan), and fall holidays are fun, but that's about it in my book.

Fall is just one more reminder that the cold, cooped up days of winter are on their way. I'll take the scorching heat any day over the crisp fall chill in the air.  

Every evening, as the darkness sets in earlier and earlier, I am reminded that my season will soon be put behind us.

But I think I'm in denial that one more summer is really at its end. I haven't pulled out my fall decor yet, and I certainly haven't dusted off the sweater bins and boots bins.

Lucky for me, it has been warm enough to trick us into feeling like it's still summer.

It may be October, but we're still swimming. And loving every minute of it while it lasts.






Poolside stretching.



3 comments:

  1. I know where you can have summer (and grandparents) all year long--just do it--move to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol to your Mom's comment! I do love Fall, but I know what you mean about it just meaning that Winter is around the corner. With every Fall day we have, I feel the panic setting in a little. I have a hard time even enjoying it for that reason.

    Can't believe you are still swimming out there! We are having a gorgeous week, high 60's and 70's which is my absolutely favorite Michigan weather. Definitely too cold for swimming though, especially because it's in the 30's at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't love fall either, you're not alone. Cold weather is not my favorite.

    I feel now would be a good time to mention that soon it will be summer in Chile in case you feel like coming for a little visit :)

    ReplyDelete