Pages

08 September 2011

Five Day Celebration

I turned older over the weekend. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but the celebrations ended up lasting for five days straight.

Day One:
I opened the front door to find this waiting for me:


I had no idea that my parents were driving here to surprise me. I was pretty shocked to find them on my front porch.

Day Two:
Troy's parents flew in all the way from Hawaii to surprise us as well. I accidentally found out about that surprise in advance, but it was still wonderful to see them. They had some flight vouchers that were going to expire, so they couldn't pass up a long weekend to see their grandsons. The boys were pretty psyched about the double dose of attention they received. As an added bonus, Troy and I had a nice night out with several couples from our neighborhood.

Day Three:
Day three was the actual big day. It's always nice to hear from friends and family and wake up to things like this:
(The best they could do with some missing letters :)


I started the day with a hot yoga class (yes, I paid to hold excruciating poses in a 100 degree+ room) and some shopping with my mom. We went to dinner downtown, followed by a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at our favorite theater. 


Day Four:
The Primary children sang a birthday song to me at church, despite my efforts to hide the fact that I turned older.

My dad made a delicious feast for everyone. The theme of the entire weekend could have been huge feasts. I'm not huge on cake, so we had peanut butter pie instead.

But nothing made me more happy than seeing how adored our boys were by the grandparents who missed them so much.


Day Five:
Somehow the festivities carried over into a fifth day. I guess those are the perks of being born on Labor Day, and always having a long weekend for celebrations. We all piled into the boat for a final day of bonding.






Blake was having the time of his life.



Until too much fun turned into a trip to the ER. Blake got whacked in the head with an unsecured surf board, resulting in a nice little gash.

I guess all good things must come to an end.


6 comments:

  1. oh poor Blake. that is no fun at all. I am glad you had a great birthday besides the little accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Nashy #1!!!! Sounds like you had a seriously amazing day, you are so loved that so many people would travel such a far to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great weekend, it sounds so fun. I love the way your parents surprised you, and it's great that you were able to spend time with everyone at once. Love all the pictures. The one of your dad and Jordan is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading through, smiling, loving all the great pictures and then seeing Blake in the ER I gasped out loud! Sad end. Hope he's okay. You look beautiful in every picture. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm glad you had a little 'Lindsey-fest' for your birthday :)

    and what an awesome surprise that your parents came!!!! i would die!! (my mom's coming for my b-day too. but it's not a surprise) :)

    I hope you had an awesome birthday. you are one of the cutest, sweetest, most creative people i know. happy late birthday!!

    ReplyDelete