Pages

09 September 2008

We're Back

We finally have our Internet connected. I've been going crazy. It's amazing how much I rely on the Internet. In some ways, it has been nice to not have the temptation there to waste time surfing, but I have needed so much information this past month and a half that I usually always go online to find. For example:
  • What are the phone numbers/locations of essentials in our new town? (I whipped out the dusty yellow pages on many occasions)
  • What in the world do I do with these gigantic saggy sunflowers that are growing all over our yard?
  • What is our bank account balance?
  • How do I pay our online bills?
  • Where can I find cute lamp shades?
  • How do I know what is good brand of lawnmower/weed wacker?
  • What do I do about my baby's slight fever?
  • Which hospitals in the area will accept our insurance?
  • How can I get my online Babies R' Us, Robert's Crafts, and Hobby Lobby coupons?
  • What is the menu for a particular restaurant in our town?
  • What gym can we join that will have childcare, enabling us to work out together?
  • How can I change our mailing address with insurance companies, bank accounts, etc. without the web?
    It's official. I am completely addicted to and reliant on the Internet. I didn't realize how much I use it, and not just for the perks of email and blogging, but for really useful information. So, I am happy to be connected back to the world again. I hope to not waste too much time online though. I've really enjoyed having spare minutes to focus on setting up our house and get organized over the last month.


    3 comments:

    1. We NEED cute Blake pictures posted soon--going through withdrawal. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I can't even go a few days without the internet... Not even sure if I have the yellow pages.

      I think it can always be hard to leave your baby. The older Grant gets the cuter and more fun her gets....thus, I hate leaving him even more (and I work 3 nights a week...)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yeaa, you're back! I know what you mean-what did we do before the internet???

      ReplyDelete