Pages

27 September 2008

Surprise

We surprised my mom with a 50th birthday party while my parents were visiting us. Her birthday isn't for another month, but since she figures out everything, we had to be very tricky. It was difficult for us to get her out of the house before the party (so that we could set up and guests could arrive). Luckily, we pulled it off without her having even an inkling of a clue as to what was going on. It was really fun to host our first party at our house, and the best part was I didn't have to do any of the cooking. My dad was here to whip up his famous backyard barbecue and prepare an awesome feast. I am happy to do the party planning, organizing, and decorating anytime if I don't have to plan the food.

The birthday girl blew out her candles.

The party also served as a Michigan reunion for friends that used to live in Michigan and now live in Utah. Some girls that I grew up, Kourtni, Alyssa, Jessica, and Sarah, came with their fiancés, husbands, and babies. My mom was friends with all of their parents, but it was still fun for her to see my generation of friends .

The over-fifty girls.

The babies; Kylie, Blake and Thad (notice the hand holding).

Blake and Thad enjoyed being on the hammock. Except Blake kept trying to crawl away and especially liked rolling over on Thad and touching his eyes and face.

So sweet.

It was a really fun night and we feel pretty heroic for actually surprising my all-knowing mom. We will have to do another Michigan reunion soon.


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Mrs. Nash!!! That's so cool that you got away with surprising here, I'm AMAZED!

    Please tell her that I said 50 is the new 30 the next time you talk to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Julie Nash! So glad you were able to pull off the surprise!

    ReplyDelete