Pages

01 September 2009

Revamping Our Room

In my efforts to update some of the rooms in our house, I added some flair to the master bedroom. I should have taken a before picture, but just imagine plain and boring.

The additions have been in the works for a few months. I can't take all of the credit because my mom helped me a ton with my limited sewing skills. I figured throw pillows would be an easy project for a beginner, and I was successful at sewing until I saw the pattern for the complicated round ruffle pillow (from Amy Butler's book, "In Stitches"). I just handed that one right over to my talented mom. Our duvet cover originally had stripes on it, which ended up clashing with the fabric prints, so I flipped it over to the pale green solid side.

I modified an Amy Butler pattern for a throw pillow into wall art. The circles were made out of fabric scraps, sewn onto solid fabric, and stretched over a canvas.

The window seat and windows were spruced up a tad.

Even the ties were made out of leftover fabric.
Blake's big boy room and the laundry room are still a work in progress. I just keep getting more and more ideas that may even involve painting walls if I can convince my husband. I can't wait for the finished products!


11 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    I NEED (ok, want) the pattern for the round ruffled pillow. I've been looking for a pillow I like for awhile now and I just found it on your blog. :) Any tips on where I could get it? Thanks!

    marejl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love those colors! You both are so talented! Sorry I am just know commenting on this but, Congrats! I'm so excited for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry one more comment: another great place to look for fabric is heather bailey. I love her and amy butler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for actually utilizing your window seat!! It drives me CRAZY when people have them and stick huge hideous pieces of furniture in front of them. Very cute, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lindsey! You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great room--it is so relaxing and calm. You did a great job!--oh and yes please share that pattern number for the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear how the paint debate with Troy turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sooooo creative send some your creativity my way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute!! you have been redecorating like crazy!! i need to revamp my house too...it's been a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. For those that asked - the pattern is found in Amy Butler's book "In Stitches." I got it at a local quilting store. There are 25 super awesome patterns in the book for every room in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How in the world do you find time to do all that sewing? I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete