Pages

04 September 2009

When Your Little Boy Starts Curling His Eyelashes...

...you know that he has been spending too much time watching his mom. I guess Blake is bound to learn such skills when he spends every minute with me. He doesn't know what to do with a razor or aftershave. However, he knows exactly how to use an eyelash curler, chapstick, bobby pins, headbands, and a hairbrush. We'll have to work on his manhood when he is older. We'll also have to work on his vanity as shown in this clip.

Blake is also interested in "moobies" (movies) lately. Except, there is only one DVD he will watch. He begs all day long at the TV for me to put in the "duck" movie - which to him means "Baby Einstein: My First Signs" (with a picture of ducks on the cover). It is seriously out of control. He has never shown any interest in the TV before, and now he would watch that movie on repeat all day long if I let him. When I go in to get him from his nap, he immediately asks for "moobies." He prefers the DVD to meals and playing with toys. I've tried renting other Baby Einstein movies and other baby signing movies but he immediately figures out that I am tricking him and he begs for the duck movie. I am really hoping this is a phase because even if I limit the movie to once or twice a day (which breaks his heart), I don't know how many more times I can see that DVD! He wants to sit on my lap and watch it so it's not like I can use the 24 minutes to accomplish other things. What is cute though, is how excited he gets when he sees the opening credits. You'd think he just saw Santa Claus by the way he squeals and stomps his little feet in pure delight.

Blake's other new obsession is dipping his food. Any dipping opportunity is a treat, whether it be ketchup, sour cream, cheese dip, soup, cool whip, or anything else of a dip-able quality. In fact, he is pretty certain that he needs ketchup at every meal. I apologize for the food in his mouth, but I love his attempts at asking for ketchup.


5 comments:

  1. I just can't imagine who taught him the word "ketchup"! He really likes hairdryers, curling irons, and combs too--what a silly boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH the ketchup thing is too adorable. He is just such a fun little toddler - his hair is so light. What a handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, he is so adorable. I just love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My make-up bag got into Ryland's hands a while ago...needless to say, he's an eyelash curling boy as well. Curt rolls his eyes, but I just smile and confirm Ryland's intelligence and observance....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!

    I think dipping is a right of passage for a toddler. That is how I get Grant to eat just about any sort of meat...put ketchup on the plate and the boy is golden:).

    ReplyDelete