Pages

07 July 2009

4th of July Parade

I love the 4th of July. I have really missed the Grandville festivities that I grew up with over the last few years. So, I was super excited to attend a good ol' Grandville parade while we were in Michigan. I absolutely love how the whole city comes out for the event and it was really fun to see Blake at his first parade as well. The older kids trampled over him to get candy, but Blake managed to pick up a few pieces worthy of his excitement.

My holiday-killer husband was even a good sport about all of the festivities. I think he just knew how important the day was to me and acted pleasant though inside he was cringing.

Blake decided to take a pretend siesta when the sirens and candy chucking got too overwhelming for him. I don't blame him. He had a string of beads sideswipe his face because they were thrown so hard.

One of the best handouts and the most unique compared to the millions of tootsie rolls was a nice cool popsicle.

Our family doesn't kid around on the 4th of July. Even the cups correspond to the holiday.

Blake was thrilled about the chex mix and goldfish we had with us as well. He walked back and forth to each bag of goodies and stuffed his little face throughout the entire parade.


1 comment:

  1. I have never lived in a place with festivities like you have described about Grandville. That is so neat and makes me want to move to a place like that. I love the pictures of Blake, he looks so much like Troy!

    ReplyDelete