Pages

07 November 2012

Paunchy

Paunchy
-adj
having a protruding belly or abdomen

DSC_0656

Here's the thing about motherhood.

It comes with amnesia.

Even though I've done this 2 times before, I completely forgot how once you've already had a baby and you get pregnant with another, your belly wastes no time popping right out, making it nearly impossible for you fit into any of your pants roughly five minutes after the positive pregnancy test.

When my mom was visiting a few weeks ago, we were all sitting on the couch one evening and she stated:

"You're starting to look a little paunchy."

Troy thought it was hilarious and immediately pulled up the definition. We all had a good laugh about my mom's directness.

It's a good thing we have moms who will tell us the truth and keep us in line. Because she was right. I am looking paunchy.

I'm in that super awkward phase where nothing really fits, I look a little fat, and the belly isn't really big enough to work the "check out my fabulous baby bump" routine quite yet. So, I just look like I've let myself go. 

But hey, I would take paunchy a million times over if I could feel normal again.


4 comments:

  1. Part of it was the way you were sitting--but you are definitely a cute paunchy! Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you look adorable, and you always have the cutest clothes. Second of all, your "paunchy" look at almost 20 weeks pregnant is what most of us look like 2 years AFTER we have delivered a baby. So no sympathy here. :) But I still love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you before and I'll say it again-- your worst days are the rest of our great days. You look fabulous!

    But I am sorry your clothes aren't fitting right now. That bites when everything's too tight on the belly and you just can't feel comfortable. Even if you don't feel cute, you always look it!

    ReplyDelete